As I begin to tell more and more people about my pregnancy as a single mother-to-be, I have gotten a lot of questions. So many, that I decided to keep a list.
- You’re not waiting until you find a husband?
- Why don’t you want to get married?
- Are you gay?
- Wait, you really don’t want to get married?
- How are you feeling?
- Your doctor wants you to eat_how_ often? Isn’t she worried about you gaining weight?
- Are you having twins?
- Are you sure it’s not twins?
- Seriously, you’re not having twins, right?
- You know this is hard, right?
- Like, really, really hard?
- Did you even think about this?
I was expecting both positive and negative reactions (and questions). To be honest, I wasn’t expecting mean, but, well, mean people don’t really belong in my life anyway.
Mind you, I’m not answering any of these questions here. This is a list of questions, not answers. (However, I will say that ice cream is on the list of recommended foods for nausea from my doctor.) If you want answers, feel free to find me in the wild and ask in person. Or, in the case of some of these questions, don’t.