My last high risk appointment was yesterday and my last OB appointment was today. Actually, I should say appointments.
Today’s (last!) OB visit
I saw my doctor and we had a great conversation about my due date and upcoming induction, during which I learned a few things:
- My cervix is very small.
- My belly is very… not small.
- The kiddo is very far up my pelvis, meaning she is not ready to make her entrance (or exit, depending on your perspective).
- Everything is still closed up anyway.
- We are still aiming for a vaginal delivery, but if the kiddo is too big, that will not be feasible.
- “Too big” means 9 lb. or over.
- Also, the kiddo not only needs to be head-down, but she also needs to be facing my spine.
Since the last time the kiddo was measured was 3 weeks ago (at 6lb.), so we have no idea how much she weighs right now. So… time for another sonogram!
Weighing in at…
As of a couple of hours ago, the kiddo weighs 7 lb. 2 oz. … give or take 1 lb. I’m not sure how I feel about a 14% margin of error. (I mean… that’s a lot of error.) However, since the maximum current weight is still well under that 9 lb. threshold, out the vagina she will go! (For now.)